Next Wave Mentoring Program
The FH Faunteroy Community Enrichment Center offers a community service program called “Next Wave Mentoring Program” for high school students. Students will need to go through an interview process to be admitted into our “Next Wave Mentoring Program”. Students that are accepted into our community service program will be incorporated in a six-week program and gain up to 72 community service hours. Participants will be expected to volunteer at FH Community Enrichment Center four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday) for three hours per day (3pm – 6pm).
Volunteers task include:
• Tutoring elementary students
• Mentoring a middle school student
• Help facilitate therapeutic groups
• Assist with physical fitness activities
• Preparation of arts and craft activities
• Supervise enrichment field trips
• Developing PowerPoint presentations
All participants will be engulfed in our family atmosphere that promotes social and emotional development. We challenge our participants to advance their critical thinking skills with quality group discussions. At the end of the six-week program, students will recoup seventy -two community service hours.